As we step into that next level of expansion, you may begin to experience some of the signs that validates that your consciousness is growing. Growing spiritually and being your best is something that needs to be worked on daily. I personally have my set backs, more than I care to admit; however, I know that I am a work in progress and refuse to beat myself up for those mistakes that I have made. I choose to learn from them and do better in the future.
I visualize my experience like I am at the top of a hill on my beach cruiser bicycle. Pedaling up that hill was rough. My legs are tight and burning from working so hard, I am out of breath, and beads of sweat continue to roll off my brow. Some fall perfectly in my eyes and burn, while others continue to roll down my cheek and either roll off my face or land in my mouth. It is so salty that even after taking a drink of my cold water, I still can taste it.
I have made it to the top of the hill and decide to take a little break. I am not only basking in the warm spring sun, but I am basking in the fact that I have accomplished this great feat. Something I hoped that I would accomplish and I actually have. I am finding that I want to expand and enhance my journey. At this time, though, I would like to take a little break and coast on my path for a little while.
As I am coasting, I am working on applying some of the lessons I learned from the last hill. It is sometimes difficult to remember all I have learned, but I am a work in progress. As I am traveling along, there are definitely speed bumps along the path. Some are warnings that I need to slow down and be more present along my journey, and some are life’s inconveniences that are thrown in for one reason on another. Nonetheless, I handle them without letting them consume me by attaching to my emotions. I must remember that I am not that problem, nor will I allow it to turn me into a victim.
I am now ready to tackle this next hill. I begin climbing the hill but realize that I have to get off and walk my cruiser up the hill. I am stronger now and I know a little on what is to be expected. As I continue up I begin to feel out of sorts. Instead of walking along, I feel as though I have stopped unexpectedly and not by choice. I feel that there is a bit of a wind storm and the wind is working to move me backward a few steps. This wind storm ends up really being people and situations that I know no longer serve me, yet I continue to hang on. I also feel that I need and want to be alone, my emotions are up and down but I continue walking up the hill retracing the steps I took before being pushed back by this wind.
I know that I am on the cusp of my next shift of consciousness so I need to keep on. This is the time when I apply what I have recently learned. You know, those A-HA moments. Climbing this hill is my consciousness.
I am sure that you have also experienced a similar time in your life. We all, at some point, have experienced this; however, depending on where you are on your spiritual path will determine where you begin to recognize it. Those who aren’t interested or ready to be more open to that growth may not experience these moments. Wherever you are on your spiritual path is perfect. There isn’t a right or a wrong place. It is all dependent on each individual and what is right or wrong for you.
Those of you who can identify with me, recognize that when you are walking up your next hill and know that when you finally reach the top, you will be able to get back on your bicycle and coast down the hill in a manner that brings you a sense of accomplishment, exhileration, and freedom. Just hang in there while you are climbing up that hill.
For me there are several signs that tell me I am on the cusp of expanding my consciousness. In the past I didn’t understand what was going on, now that I understand it, I embrace these changes. It means that I am continuing on my path. The downside I have realized is that when we know better, we must do better. It is our responsibility to do what is right. Not only for our growth but to shine our light brighter. We must bring light to a dark world and be the example to our children, grandchildren, and those we come into contact with.
I have selected five of the signs that I regularly experience when my consciousness is expanding and I believe these signs will help you assess when you are growing. These include:
- Wanting to be alone. It isn’t uncommon to want to be alone while you are experiencing these changes. Being able to process what is happening is crucial as it is important that you are the one coming to the understanding of what is happening, not necessarily what others are telling you. Overstimulation may be too much for you. I personally have been interested in just driving around by myself in the fresh air away from the television, my phone, and my computer. I love listening to music as that is a way for me to reach a higher vibration at that moment.
- Quieting the mind. I have been pretty consistent with meditating in the mornings. I have noticed that when I haven’t meditated, I have felt a bit “wonky”. It is really a great way to ground and shield yourself in addition to allowing your inner soul to speak. Just being alone in the quiet can do wonders to recharge.
- Feeling more sensitive. You may begin to sense what others are thinking and begin to react to what they are thinking instead of what they are saying. In addition, you may begin to feel the negativity of people and situations. Being a bit more irritable isn’t uncommon as you are working on deciphering all of this that is happening to you and the emotions of those around you. This can mess with you as you may want to cry at the drop of a hat. It is important that you shield and ground yourself to help with the absorption of these emotions that do not belong to you.
- The need to remove toxic people from your life. You may have experienced signs guiding you to release those people in your life that are no longer there to help you on your path. Most of the time they are those individuals who are not supportive of you and what you are wanting in your life. You may begin to feel annoyed or uncomfortable with some of their habits or behaviors that didn’t bother you in the past. It may feel as though you are constantly hitting a brick wall. These are signs that it is time to remove them from your life. The Universe is telling you that you are no longer able to learn from each other and it is time to move on. They are not bad, they just aren’t in line with you on your spiritual path.
- Wanting to change significant areas in your life. You may begin to feel restless in regards to anything and/or everything in your life. You may feel that you need a new job, that you need to move to a new house or city/town. This is because, like toxic people, it is no longer serving you in a positive way. Before making any decisions, really look at what will make you happy.
Here are some resources if you are interested in reading more about our consciousness and the spiritual connection.